[Freeciv-Dev] unique improvements [was: incite cost patch]

To: Piotr.Sulecki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Freeciv-Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] unique improvements [was: incite cost patch]
From: Mike Kaufman <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 10:52:55 -0600

Ben and I have dicussed this, and this is coming after the effects
framework is committed.

Improvements will have "unique_range" over which there cannot be other
improvements of the save type. Current wonders will have "World" unique
range. The palace and mini-wonders in modpacks would have  "Player" unique
range. Of course, we will also need flags for whether a unique wonder can
be replaced by another wonder (palace) or others simply cannot be built
(current wonders) Then we'll need yet another flag which tells if we can
rebuild the improvement if it's destroyed (this will probably be ternary
so we can also replace the freepalace option as well).

The only problem here is dealing with all the very-hardcoded
wonder-specific code in the clients and elsewhere... yikes.

-mike