[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2507) incite cost patch

To: per@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2507) incite cost patch
From: "Davide Pagnin via RT" <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 06:42:52 -0800

On Sun, 2002-12-08 at 13:38, Raahul Kumar via RT wrote:
> --- Davide Pagnin via RT <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I am not sure which distance is meant in this formula. It is probably
> > the distance between the city and its capital. However, the cost depends
> > on the square your Diplomat or Spy bribes from. It often pays to try to
> > bribe from different squares - I have observed the cost vary by as much
> > as 20%. At any rate, the distance is also influenced by the following
> > factors:
>
> We *do* not want to replicate that stupidity! It will not matter even in Civ 2
> mode which tile you bribe from. I am violently opposed to Davide's suggestion
> here.

"Davide suggestion" ??????

What the HELL are you talking about?
Please, Raahul, read CAREFULLY others email before writing a reply.

I've not SUGGESTED in any why what you are saying!!!!

I've explicitly stated [start quote] ... [end quote], for what is
supposed to be the civ 2 algorithm, that is what PER has asked to look
and that is what I have reported.

If you read at the end of my mail, I've written:

> This is from civfanatic.com scroll of wisdom.

Then, it is NOT my thoughts.

> Some time ago I've checked it with my civ2 and found that it is quite
> correct (in particular the distance depend on the side from which the
> diplomat/spy enter the city, that is a very surprisingly/erroneous
> thing).

I have said that thing is SURPRISING and ERRONEOUS!
Nowhere in my mail you can found a single word that say to adopt that
strange behavior.

Misunderstanding can always happen but I hope that you realize that this
is annoying.

        Davide