[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2507) incite cost patch

To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2507) incite cost patch
From: "Per I. Mathisen via RT" <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 03:52:51 -0800

On Sat, 7 Dec 2002, Raahul Kumar via RT wrote:
> You need a Civ 2 compatability option. Hah! See how it feel when you're on the
> receiving end ; ) .

Sure. Just tell me

1) How?

2) What _is_ the civ2 incite cost algorithm?

> > +if (city_celebrating(pcity)) {
> > +  cost *= 2;
> > +}
>
> This is a bad idea. You should have return INCITE_IMPOSSIBLE_COST here.
> It makes no sense. All the citizens are happy with your rule, yet they will
> revolt for sufficient cash.

It is a game balance issue: Otherwise unbribable governments become less
important.

But this is not important to me, I will be happy either way.

> I defy you to provide one real life example of this effect. No amount of cash
> will subvert a city unless there are people unhappy with the current regime.

I defy you to provide one real life example of incite where the opinions
of the citizens had any relevance whatsoever.

  - Per