Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: January 2006:
[Freeciv] Re: RFE: terrain improvement: canal

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: RFE: terrain improvement: canal
From: Sam Steingold <sds@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 10:25:45 -0500

> * Fishpark <svfucnex77-/R1597nF9YG10KfqgQ+bdN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2006-01-13
> 09:51:03 +0000]:
>
>> "attach"?
>> what do you mean?
>
> lol that was meant to read 'attack'. You knew what I meant, of course,
I did not.

> it's an old wish to be able to attack river cities by moving ships
> down or up the river.
I don't think this is a reasonable wish.

>> why?  Communism is good at inefficiently mobilizing resources for
>> extensive projects.  Communism is bad for anything that cannot be
>> sped-up by doubling the manpower.
>
> That's exactly what I had in mind - to be able to build large projects
> quicker with Communism. Of course, the implementation (needing less
> resources/turns) would be incorrect but it's the effect that
> counts. It would help raise the Communism government to something
> useful - at the moment it's something you don't ever use unless you
> are in real dire straits.  Perhaps buildings/wonders should be
> classified by their labour intensity so that you can quickly build
> cathedrals or space structurals using communism but not, for example,
> recycling centers or space modules?

if you give Communism the benefit of fast large projects, then you must
disallow cathedral/temple construction under Communism, and add a
production penalty (in addition to the current trade/research penalty).

http://www.memri.org http://ffii.org http://www.openvotingconsortium.org
http://www.camera.org http://www.dhimmi.com http://www.iris.org.il
Marriage is the sole cause of divorce.