[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Railroads and AI

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Railroads and AI
From: "Sam BC" <sambc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 20:39:40 +0100

See below

<SNIP>

> > It is my (humble) belief that default behaviour (ie when no
> server options
> > are set & no explicit ruleset used) should be as close as we
> can possibly
> > get to CivII (including irritating features, but not bugs) and extras be
> > optional - all of them... so if nothing explicit is stated, the
> gamers get
> > CivII mode...
> >

> > SamBC
>
> That is a very accurate description of the goals of the civ 2
> mode. IMO the
> freeciv mode may have extras.
>
> -Thue

And IMHO, given the stated goals of Freeciv, CivII mode should be default,
and most supported (ie we do not introduce new features which break CivII
compliance utterly, like some of the Railroad suggestions).

I completely understand it is tempting to do so, as it makes the AI code a
lot easier, but no problem is insoluble.

SamBC
The Movement for simpleLinux    https://sourceforge.net/projects/simpleLinux/
          site soon to be at    http://simplelinux.sourceforge.net