[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Railroads and AI

To: Sam BC <sambc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Railroads and AI
From: Tuomas Airaksinen <tuma@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 12:54:05 +0300

On Sun, Jun 18, 2000 at 06:46:34PM +0100, Sam BC wrote:
> If development is going to follow the doctrine that compatibility issues are
> stupid, we ought to drop all of the references in publicity... the aim of
> freeciv has always been to produce a game broadly equal to Civ(II), possibly
> with extra options... changing that now is a pretty major decision.
>
> It is my (humble) belief that default behaviour (ie when no server options
> are set & no explicit ruleset used) should be as close as we can possibly
> get to CivII (including irritating features, but not bugs) and extras be
> optional - all of them... so if nothing explicit is stated, the gamers get
> CivII mode...

It has ENOUGH similarities to Civ2 to be referred as "compatible", but I think
that that kind of slavish following is not reasonable. Of course, If we
find some feature better than the corresponding one in Civ2, it's of course
better to choose it our way.

--
kirjoitti:  Tuomas Airaksinen              linux
kotisivu:   http://tumasites.cjb.net        is