[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Railroads and AI

To: Freeciv dev list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Railroads and AI
From: Robert Rendell <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 22:15:30 +1000 (EST)

Asher Densmore-Lynn wrote:
}
} You know, that sort of makes me wonder -- are railroads in the best interest
} of the defender? *I* would mine the suckers and blow them to kingdom come if
} there were rails in a section of country I was losing...

One mechanism I'd quite like would be if railroads inside a city radius
didn't work for invaders - there are still roads they can travel on, but it
doesn't seem right that trains are sent out to help hostile troops tromp
across your land (and probably right up to your city).

Of course, this would break compatability with Civ, so it would have to be
an option.

                                                        Have fun,
                                                         Rob R.
                                                          \((/