Re: [Freeciv-Dev] group

To: Freeciv Development <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] group
From: Peter Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 14:44:21 +0200

There are two concepts being mixed up here;

The first concept is the one of having a bunch
of units which gang up to attack a single target.

The second one is to have rules that allows groups
to combine their fighting strength.

It''s not done extremly intuitively in CTP AFAIK;
I''m missing the feature to assign numbers to the army groups.
(it's a mess when two groups enter one square).

Game rules in CTP make it so it makes sense to build army groups,
while with original civ1.0 rules it makes sense to have at most
1 defending unit and one attacking;
civII rules (units may survive, but may be damaged)
allows about 2 defending units and a few offensive.

Peter Schaefer - schaefer@xxxxxx, schaefer@xxxxxx