Re: [Freeciv-Dev] ship goto bugs

To: "Bobby D. Bryant" <bdbryant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] ship goto bugs
From: Mitch Davis <mjd@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 22:50:19 +1000

Bobby D. Bryant wrote:

>  o Boats exiting a square containing other boats carrying
> passengers will sometimes steal those passengers.
> (A problem in Civ I as well, but fixed in Civ II, IIRC.)  It's
> occasionally nice to be able to tranship units at
> sea this way, but more often it ticks you off by having the units'
> snatched away by a ship going in the wrong direction,
> adding two turns to the length of their voyage even if you see it
> immediately.

Hmm, I always thought it was a feature.  Because of this, you
could set up a chain of boats and ship units completely around
the world in one turn, sort of like a railroad for the sea.

The art was to carefully check how many moves left that a boat
had, and move the one you really wanted, with the maximum moves.
The other one should start ratcheting back for the next turn.
If it wasn't the boat you wanted, press "w".

If you want some units to go in one direction, and other units
to go in other directions, dont colocate the boats.

Regards,

Mitch.
--
| mailto:mjd@xxxxxxxxxx       | Not the official view of: |