Re: [Freeciv-Dev] ship goto bugs

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] ship goto bugs
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 12:42:46 +1000

Mark Nettle wrote:

> A more generic solution would be to allow army groups, and then moving a
> passenger onto a ship could automatically make it part of a group

Yeah.  A grouping interface something like groups in Warlords
(Warlords2?) would seem sensible to me.  As an extension of the
unit list dialog I guess.

> Land units shouldn't lead navies
> across the mountains. Faster units shouldn't be able to drag slower ones
> along with them

I would think movement of the group would be limited to the slowest
or least move-capable unit in the group (again, Warlords-like).
Though boat "passengers" would still be special.

Presumably combat would still be individual since to do otherwise
would be a big departure from Civ1/Civ2.  Attacking with a group
could mean to attack individually with each unit in the group in
turn.

-- David