Re: [Freeciv-Dev] compiling under SunOS 4.1.3

To: Freeciv Development <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] compiling under SunOS 4.1.3
From: Peter Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 14:18:28 +0200

Stamatogiannakis Manolis wrote:

> Hi there!
> I compiled freeciv 1.8.0 on a sparc SunOS 4.1.3 machine,
> using gcc version 2.8.1. There were a few problems I
> encountered (and solved) and I thought it would be good to report
> them...

> ---
> There are many other cases where realloc is used and cores are dumped.
> I'll just stop here. If I can be any more help in fixing the problem,
> just tell me what to do.

Maybe write a wrapper function:
        freeciv_realloc
which you write correctly.
This should be defined in some common header.

Then replace (or have some maintainer replace :-) realloc by
freeciv_realloc in all files.
(maybe like:

find freeciv -type f -print -exec ./script_that_uses_sed_to_replace
realloc freeciv_realloc \;

)

--
Peter Schaefer - schaefer@xxxxxx, schaefer@xxxxxx