Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: December 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: Some questions

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Some questions
From: "Mike Jing" <miky40@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 08:03:56 -0500

Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Mon, Dec 18, 2000 at 06:34:43PM -0500, Mike Jing wrote:

My sentiment exactly. What disturbed me the most are the staunch defenders of this strategy that I met in the server. I am worried that people would come to accept that this is the only way the game
could and should be played, while in fact it is anything but.

No, it is often the only way in which the game can be *won*.
You can play as many losing strategies as you like, but it takes
weak opponents, or different server settings/rulesets, to make them
worthwhile.

Well, that pretty much goes without saying, since I assume most people play to win, and current rulesets used on public servers have little room for other strategies to be successful against a reasonably competent ICS player.

Mike