Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: December 2000:
[Freeciv] breaking city smallpox (was: Some questions)

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx (Freeciv users)
Subject: [Freeciv] breaking city smallpox (was: Some questions)
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 12:21:53 +0100

On Tue, Dec 19, 2000 at 02:34:43AM -0600, Jesdyn Flamestrike wrote:

> I never show up for one darn good reason.
>
> I get whooped by ICS players.
>
> I -hate- that strategy. I haven't found another that works, either. ): I
> haven't started a game in forever because of it.
>
> I'm just waiting and hoping for the day I see "[Freeciv-Dev] ICS broken!
> Huzzah!" in my mail reader. Then I'll break it back out.

You could experiment with rulesets and/or server settings to break the
power of ICS.  Changing rulesets on civserver.freeciv.org is dangerous
though because you'll be working 'in the dark', and yu can't supply
your own at all.  This is what a 'rulesets as server commands' patch
would provide (in a primitive way).  I hope to have time between Xmas
and New Year.

--
Reinier