Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: December 2000:
[Freeciv] city smallpox (was: Some questions)

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx (Freeciv users)
Subject: [Freeciv] city smallpox (was: Some questions)
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 12:42:55 +0100

> It would be fun to play a game where you didn't know what was actually
> possible.
> Shall I research magic?  Shall I research gunpowder?  Only the game server
> knows what
> is "real" in this game!

This is a great idea, except that you'd be very much in the advantage
if you knew the possibilities in principle, and that the chance of
winning becomes much more dependent on luck.  Seeing how few games
are played with generator 1, huts > 0, and techlevel > 0 (three
*existing* ways of doing basically the same as your proposal) I don't
think many users would actually play with randomized tech effects.

--
Reinier