Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: December 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: Some questions

To: mike_jing@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Some questions
From: Niels Weber <nath@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2000 10:56:55 +0100

Hi!

Mike Jing wrote:

Bobby D. Bryant <bdbryant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Some suggestions re ICS by Civ2 players can be found at -

http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum6/HTML/001152.html

http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum6/HTML/001629.html

And one mention at http://www.apolyton.com/news/arc8-2000.shtml (search the page for ICS).

Wow, that's a gold mine of great ideas. I should have digged it up earlier. :-) Thanks Bobby.

From what I read there, it doesn't seem to be a great idea to kill the free city centre.

Another idea came to my mind as I was reading the articles:
We could introduce a tech-maintenance-penalty. For say every ten techs you researched, every city will produce one less science (used for teaching the people). But if you build a library (university, research lab), this effect disappears. So for every ten techs, you would have to build at least a library. And when you've started building improvements in a city, it's often wise to let it grow to get more out of them. So there would still be many small cities, but your main cities will grow to large cities with improvements. I think this would be realistic as most cities are small.

Comments?

Niels