Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-i18n: April 2006:
[freeciv-i18n] Re: Contributing with translations

To: claudiomkd@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-i18n@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-i18n] Re: Contributing with translations
From: Jordi Negrevernis i Font <jnegrevernis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 20:54:31 +0200

En/na MKD ha escrit:
> Jordi Negrevernis i Font wrote:
>
> I don't understand what is the thing with KBabel, I mean, I ment to
> translate everything by myself, without no help programs. Just by
> editing the .po file and generating the diff.
    KBabel has syntax highlight and correction. I will find errors like
you have 3 %s in the english text and 2 %s in the translated text.

> Another thing, is that, as I explained above, from gettext, if I do
> 'msgmerge freeciv.pot es.po > new_es.po' on the TRUNK version, I have
> the new changes merged. But I don't know why/how to merge changes from
> S2_0 and S2_1.
    Nah!! The new strings to translate are created in the current es.po
when you make the project!! The msgmerge i told you to use is from S2_0
brach to update the translations of S2_1 and HEAD with the new
translations in this brach. I updated the spanish translation for
Freeciv 2.0.8 and is nearly complete.

> Why do I need to merge changes to S2_0 and S2_1 if I'm translating for
> CURRENT (trunk), and the new messages can be so included in the future
> S2_2.
    Because there are 300-400 translated messages in the S2_0 brach that
are not in S2_1 and HEAD!