Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-i18n: April 2006:
[freeciv-i18n] Re: Contributing with translations

To: claudiomkd@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-i18n@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-i18n] Re: Contributing with translations
From: Jordi Negrevernis i Font <jnegrevernis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 23:28:16 +0200

> Well, I wanted to ask how to merge message strings from one branch to
> another, or better said, if there new messages which appeared in new
> versions.. how are they put into XX.po? Do we need to do it manually
> taking it from the orginal English?
>
> I mean, do I need just to do:
>
> svn update
>
> vim po/es.po
>
> And get on with it...
>
> Or either do I need to see if are there any new messages from new
> versions (in English) and so import them into the es.po file... ?

    Well, i will

    - download the latest sources of the tree to update
    - compile them - because the make process does update the .PO file
    - run the msgmerge program to merge the po files and update the PO
files of S2_1 and HEAD with the PO from S2_0,
    - and then use KBabel to modify the translation - if you have a
fairly recent distribution instead of wim.

    To generate the diff patch to send to RT, just make a diff from the
new PO against the last downloaded.
    You can do it with svn but i don't know exactly how.