Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-i18n: April 2006:
[freeciv-i18n] Re: Contributing with translations

To: freeciv-i18n@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-i18n] Re: Contributing with translations
From: MKD <claudiomkd@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 23:27:23 +0300

>> I also use ispell to check my mistakes.
>>

> Can you tell me how you do *that*?
>
> Christian

Well, I just use ispell when translating long strings, but you just need
to install ispell and then, do something like:

cat es.po | grep msgstr | sed "s/msgstr//" | sed "s/\"//" | sed "s/\"//"
 > file

And then:

ispell file

Or you can make your own script to filter the plain text and then pass
ispell. Or even enter the phrase directly to ispell in the command line.

Of course this is about long strings, short messages usually don't need
this since you can easely see if there's an error or not.

P.S.- When I finnish the Perl script, I'll post it, if it works..
because I thought it's gonna be so easy, but it's not that easy. Anyway,
msgfmt is really good.

Greetings!

--
Claudio M. Camacho