Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-i18n: April 2006:
[freeciv-i18n] Re: Contributing with translations

To: Daniel Markstedt <himasaram@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-i18n@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-i18n] Re: Contributing with translations
From: MKD <claudiomkd@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 14:06:04 +0300

Daniel Markstedt wrote:
> I personally make it easy for myself when translating: Only working on
> one branch at a time. IMHO you should focus solely on S2_1 for the time
> being as the next stable release will be from this branch.

Well, I said HEAD but if S2_1 is not going to be released soon, of
course I will focus on S2_1 and try to translate as much as possible.
> At this point you don't have to merge changes from S2_0: I did that for
> es.po a while ago and no work has been done on our Spanish translation
> since then.

That's one thing I don't understand. I mean, merge the changes from one
branch to another, what does it really means (in term of commands) ?

Becuase I red that it's enough to run 'make' under po/ directory, and so
merge freeciv.pot with es.po into the new file, and start editing. Is it
just that? Or is there a more complicated process which I didn't catch yet?

I mean, after reading this, I just should get the S2_1 SVN version and
start editing es.po, then generate the diff file and so upload it. Isn't it?

After the S2_1 is released, new messages can be added, so after that, I
think that then is necessary to do 'msgmerge freeciv.pot es.po >
new_es.po' and translate new untranslated messages and correct fuzzy
messages. Isn't it?
> Oh, and when editing po's I personally just use gedit. ;)

Well, I use and love Gnome, but before loving Gnome I felt in love with
VIM. And that love will never die, :-P

But thanks anyway for the suggestion :)
> Good luck!

Thanks again!