Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-i18n: April 2006:
[freeciv-i18n] Re: Contributing with translations

To: Jordi Negrevernis i Font <jnegrevernis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-i18n@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-i18n] Re: Contributing with translations
From: MKD <claudiomkd@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 21:54:27 +0300

Jordi Negrevernis i Font wrote:
>     Hi, i'm the last to touch the spanish translation.
>
>     I'll see that the S2_0 branch has a translation nearly complete, not
> the S2_1 and HEAD.
>
>     First make a merge of the S2_0 with the others, and i'll gain a lot
> of translated strings.
>
>     Thanks

Ah, so there's still someone maintaining the Spanish translation..

Well, I wanted to ask how to merge message strings from one branch to
another, or better said, if there new messages which appeared in new
versions.. how are they put into XX.po? Do we need to do it manually
taking it from the orginal English?

I mean, do I need just to do:

svn update

vim po/es.po

And get on with it...

Or either do I need to see if are there any new messages from new
versions (in English) and so import them into the es.po file... ?

--
Claudio M. Camacho
http://www.claudiocamacho.org