Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Multiple veteran level system patch

To: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Multiple veteran level system patch
From: James <james.blewitt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 11:42:49 +0000

Thanks for the feedback, I'll get onto fixing those problems.

I think that the problem with having diplomats gaining in level as they
execute missions is that for most missions (i.e. city infiltration) they
cause the unit to be dispanded upon entering a city.  The only other mission
that I'm aware of is bribing other units.  I've had some suggestions on having
the city improvements that give better diplomats configurable, what are your
thoughts on this?  Personally I'd rather not because I think that it would be
quite complicated.

Also, I've been informed that SMAC uses 7 veteran levels so I think that I'll
set the maximum number of levels to 7 just for compatability (although if
players really feel that they need more they could always just increase the
value and recompile the game).

Thanks,
James