Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Multiple veteran level system patch

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Multiple veteran level system patch
From: James <james.blewitt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 01:17:21 +0000

First version of the combined multiple level veteran patch has been uploaded
/pub/freeciv/incoming/multi_level_veteran_patch.diff

I haven't been able to test any of the clients except for gui-gtk although I
have attempted to update all clients to handle the new system.

One issue that I feel needs attention is that I had to pass several variables
in the ruleset_game packet to the server when they are specified in the
units.ruleset file.  I realise that this is a bit of a hack and probably
should be fixed.  I wasn't sure what the best way of going about this
was...any suggestions?

I didn't add caravan or additional movement point bonuses in this patch.
I'll probably do this separately.

Thanks,
James