[Freeciv-Dev] Re: AI strategy

To: Freeciv List <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: AI strategy
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 09:54:27 +0100

On Tue, Dec 04, 2001 at 03:31:28PM -0500, vze2zq63@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> That is to say, if it's possible to unhandicap a civbot by giving them
> extra bonuses (everything in the enumeration), it should be possible to
> unhandicap a human player in the same way.

This would be a great feature.

But honestly, I don't think the AI needs the unfair advantage.

The existing AI is pretty good, and it has a couple of glaring problems
that should be fairly easy to fix.  I've never looked at its code, but
from what I know about its behaviour, I don't think it much relies on
detailed knowledge of what is happening outside what humans (ie. clients)
can see.  That is I don't think it would lose much of its strength if
it only had the information normal clients have.  In the cases where
it does use such cheats (e.g. peeking at the contents of a nearby city)
they can be added on a case by case basis.

--
Reinier