[Freeciv-Dev] Re: AI strategy

To: Jacek Popławski <jpopl@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: AI strategy
From: Petr Baudis <pasky@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 11:30:44 +0100

Dear diary, on Thu, Dec 06, 2001 at 02:12:32AM CET, I got a letter, where Jacek
Pop?awski <jpopl@xxxxxxxxxx> told me, that...
> On Sun, Dec 02, 2001 at 11:06:00AM +0100, Petr Baudis wrote:
> > 2, Make AI _MUCH_ more smart. Diplomacy may be one step. Reason? As AI will
> > be moved into separate client, it won't be allowed to cheat anymore. And
> > without cheating current AI is almost lost against a little more
> > expierenced players.
>
> I think when AI code will be more clear, and - maybe - there will be
> documentation - it will be much easier to write real AI client.
Naturally :). You are welcome looking at my cleanup and feeding me with ideas
and corrections ;).

> It can be very simple at beginning, but then people can extend it and run
> tournaments to check which strategy is better (like corewars or genetic
> programming).
Obviously.

> As I wrote before - IMHO it is possible to write dimplomacy with some kind of
> score system.
Well, I asked you about further explanation and got no reply so far :(.

> Every AI should also have its own random "feelings", for example AI player
> can hate one other nation, and always try to make war with it.
I would rely on aifuzzy here. As this is not IMHO much real.

> One AI player can try to discover map making and settle other islands, while
> other can try to discover gunpowder and build defences/fight neighbours.
That's already proposed and in my TODO.

--

                                Petr "Pasky" Baudis

UN*X programmer, UN*X administrator, hobbies = IPv6, IRC, FreeCiv hacking
.
  "A common mistake that people make, when trying to design
   something completely foolproof is to underestimate the
   ingenuity of complete fools."
     -- Douglas Adams in Mostly Harmless
.
Public PGP key, geekcode and stuff: http://pasky.ji.cz/~pasky/