[Freeciv-Dev] Re: AI strategy

To: ccrayne@xxxxxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: AI strategy
From: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 17:23:22 -0800 (PST)

--- ccrayne@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> In <20011205122315.27206.qmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, on 12/05/01
>    at 04:23 AM, Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx> said:
>
> :> I already have a client side AI program which, although not nearly far
> :> enough along to play a strong game on its own, is certainly capable of
> :> giving me the benefit of the ai cheats.
>
> :Post it to the list. I'd like to see a client side ai.
>
> You have probably already seen 99% of it. :-)
>
> In brief, what I have done is to rename "client" to "aiclient"; rename
> directory "ai" to "cai"; and add some high level logic to "gui-stub",
> along with some structures to provide a sense of history and purpose. Of
> course, I had to make a few changes to the existing code in each of these
> three areas, which I would be happy to explain further if you will let me
> know which areas interest you most.

Gui stub. You seem to be implying you have the infrastructure for a gui-less
client side ai. That would be rather nice to see in CVS. Very helpful for
Raimar's CMA. Details please.

I don't like the way you renamed ai to cai. We want to leave the
current server side ai while the client side is not working properly. You'll
also need to make changes to the packets sent by the server. Currently the
client
side AI would lack needed info.