[Freeciv-Dev] Re: AI strategy

To: ccrayne@xxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Freeciv List <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: AI strategy
From: Petr Baudis <pasky@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 03:35:10 +0100

Dear diary, on Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 12:24:57AM CET, I got a letter,
where ccrayne@xxxxxxxxxx told me, that...
> In <20011204220538.GC19852@xxxxxxxxxxx>, on 12/04/01
>    at 11:05 PM, Petr Baudis <pasky@xxxxxxxxxxx> said:
>
> :> Yes. The basic rule should be that the server does not care if a given
> :> player is human, AI, or a combination of both.
> :Then I must ask, how will you handle replacing of AI by a human player on
> :the fly?
>
> The server will know which "house bots" it started, and will, upon
> request, shut down one of those and transfer the session to the requester.
If it will be possible to do this all only with bots spawned from civserver, i
don't see any point in having them as separate processes at all. Ah, obviously,
we eat too little from our resources yet ;-).

--

                                Petr "Pasky" Baudis

UN*X programmer, UN*X administrator, hobbies = IPv6, IRC, FreeCiv hacking
.
  "A common mistake that people make, when trying to design
   something completely foolproof is to underestimate the
   ingenuity of complete fools."
     -- Douglas Adams in Mostly Harmless
.
Public PGP key, geekcode and stuff: http://pasky.ji.cz/~pasky/