[Freeciv-Dev] Re: AI strategy

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: AI strategy
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 13:44:59 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 3 Dec 2001, Petr Baudis wrote:
> Jan Hus (username pasky, Human, nation Czechs) 1 connection:
>   Jan Hus from localhost (command access level info, CHEATING), bufsize=40kb
> ..
> <fair_guy> oh, he cheats!
> /cut pasky

I think the point that Rahuul is trying to make is that if a civbot and a
human player share the same physical connection, the human may sniff the
information going to the bot and acquire the extra data. That would not be
apparent as cheating to anyone else.

I find that a valid objection.

Yours,
Per

Man: "God! At last we have found you! Now tell us, please... WHY ARE WE THE WAY
WE
ARE? WHY ARE WE HERE?"

God: "I dunno. I created you to eat the lions, and you just kinda got out of
hand"

 --- Seen on slashdot (so it must be true!)