[Freeciv-Dev] Re: AI strategy

To: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: AI strategy
From: Petr Baudis <pasky@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 13:58:03 +0100

> On Mon, 3 Dec 2001, Petr Baudis wrote:
> > Jan Hus (username pasky, Human, nation Czechs) 1 connection:
> >   Jan Hus from localhost (command access level info, CHEATING), bufsize=40kb
> > ..
> > <fair_guy> oh, he cheats!
> > /cut pasky
>
> I think the point that Rahuul is trying to make is that if a civbot and a
> human player share the same physical connection, the human may sniff the
> information going to the bot and acquire the extra data. That would not be
> apparent as cheating to anyone else.
Ah so. Well, I think any civbots not connected from localhost should be
considered with high suspicion, as it should be relatively rare case, usually
only appearing when there would be two different civbots fighting against
themselves in order to test them, and then this doesn't matter much ;-).

Still I would be happiest if we wouldn't need to cheat at all. But we first
need to improve the AI significantly. And we first need that AI cleanup...
*usual gibberish* ;-)

--

                                Petr "Pasky" Baudis

UN*X programmer, UN*X administrator, hobbies = IPv6, IRC, FreeCiv hacking
.
  "A common mistake that people make, when trying to design
   something completely foolproof is to underestimate the
   ingenuity of complete fools."
     -- Douglas Adams in Mostly Harmless
.
Public PGP key, geekcode and stuff: http://pasky.ji.cz/~pasky/