[Freeciv-Dev] Re: FreeCiv - arcade game?

To: Jed Davis <jldavis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: FreeCiv - arcade game?
From: Christian Knoke <ChrisK@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 10:35:26 +0200

Hi,

Jed Davis wrote:

> I'd suggest changing the default setting of diplchance (?), but I've never
> had much luck with diplomats in AI games; the first attack works, but
> afterwards it seems that they all fail because the AI has built defenders.

You probably know, but it took long time for me to realize that, with
diplomats, only one tech can be stolen per city.

I would suggest, to solve the diplomats question, to implement an
enhenced goto command, where you can tell the diplomat what to do,
*before* he moves at all. That gives you:

1. no disadvantages with slow connections
2. no probs with "cancel" (movement costs etc)

Chris