[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Patch for dutch.ruleset

To: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Patch for dutch.ruleset
From: "Pieter J. Kersten" <kersten@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 09:58:05 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 24 Jul 2000, Reinier Post wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 24, 2000 at 04:06:04PM +0200, Pieter J. Kersten wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I've added some dutch rulers and a few historic important cities to
> > dutch.ruleset. Attached is the CVS patch. Not checked in.
>
> > + "Middelburg", "Goes", "Veere", "Vlissingen", "Brouwershaven",
>
> So you were born in Brouwershaven? :)

Nope, it's just *the* historic marking point for tallships heading toward
Rotterdam and surrounding cities. Check some old ship journals if you
like. Especially the races between the Noach and Liberaal lines of ships
are interesting in this respect (roughly during the 2nd half of the 19th
century); they all used the sighting from Brouwershaven as an important
benchmark.

> > + "Paramaribo", "Tilburg", "Enschede", "Hengelo", "Almelo", "Oss",
>
> No "Paramaribo".  It is against the policy to have existing nations with
> cities that are not part of the nation today.  Earlier Dutch cities
> ("Batavia", etc.) have been taken out because of this rule.

I didn't know, and I have no problem with that policy either. You can edit
the patch by hand to undo that change.

CU,
--
Pieter J. Kersten; Erasmus Universiteit Rotterdam, dept. DI&A/S&N,
WH2-20, B. Oudlaan 50, 3062 PA Rotterdam, Netherlands;