[Freeciv-Dev] Re: FreeCiv - arcade game?

To: Mathias Hasselmann <Mathias.Hasselmann@xxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: FreeCiv - arcade game?
From: Jacek Popławski <jp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2000 21:15:58 +0200

On Sat, Jul 22, 2000 at 07:58:24PM +0200, Mathias Hasselmann wrote:
> NO! This would make diplomatic attacks too simple!
> (What's about protecting your diplomat with heavier units ;)

I disagree
I don't talk about FreeCiv rules now, if there is a rule
"diplomacy unit can make revolt" - why I can't use
it? please block it, or make possible to everyone,
arcade was fun in M.U.L.E., but I think Civ
is just turn-based strategy...

> But there is a point were you are right:
> The civserver should get some kind of lag protection.

before I played with humans I thought it will be:
- players set _how_ to move units
- next turn
- units move

it will be fair... that kind of game is OK too, but
that diplomates... :-(((