[Freeciv-Dev] Re: FreeCiv - arcade game?

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: FreeCiv - arcade game?
From: ccrayne@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 19:00:35 -0700

In <20000723202428.E3878@xxxxxxxxxx>, on 07/23/00
   at 08:24 PM, Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx> said:

:make movement turn-based.  City management and certain
:other tasks would still be asynchronous.

We need first to agree on a definition of "turn-based", since I would say
that the current implementation is very much "turn-based". Moreover, I
would like to see it become even more asynchronous, where it is reasonable
to do so. However, I do agree that certain actions should become "atomic",
and that the case where a Diplomat/Spy has logically entered a city, but
has not carried out an action solely because the game requires the player
to respond to a popup window, is such a case.

Best,
        -- Chuck Crayne
ccrayne@xxxxxxxxxxx