[Freeciv-Dev] Re: FreeCiv - arcade game?

To: Mathias Hasselmann <Mathias.Hasselmann@xxxxxx>
Cc: Tobias Brox <tobiasb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jacek Pop³awski <jp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: FreeCiv - arcade game?
From: Daniel Burrows <Daniel_Burrows@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 09:26:36 -0400

On Sun, Jul 23, 2000 at 02:29:11AM +0200, Mathias Hasselmann
<Mathias.Hasselmann@xxxxxx> was heard to say:
> If you play chess you also loose your figures if you move them onto
> unprotected fields....

  Yes, but I don't have to worry about my bishops being captured en route
from c4 to f7, I don't have to worry about my knights being shot down in
midair, and if I checkmate my opponent he can't escape by moving his king
two squares before I capture it.

  Daniel

--
/----------------- Daniel Burrows <Daniel_Burrows@xxxxxxxxx> -----------------\
|   The sigfile hits!   |   Hi, I'm a .signature virus!                       |