[Freeciv-Dev] Re: FreeCiv - arcade game?

To: Jacek Pop³awski <jp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: FreeCiv - arcade game?
From: Mathias Hasselmann <Mathias.Hasselmann@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 13:37:27 +0200

Jacek Pop³awski wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 23, 2000 at 02:34:34AM +0200, Mathias Hasselmann wrote:
> > Sorry, but you can use it if you think about your tactics!
>
> I can use diplomates if I wanna play arcade game, and have
> fast connection to civserver
>
> > Setup a server using a ruleset without diplomats if you
> > do not want to think about tactics...
>
> I want, but why there is rule which gives some people
> greater chances than another?
>
> > And how do you want to solve the problem, if more than
> > one person want to access the same field?
>
> first thing which comes my mind it's: random
> just like in "arcade mode"

Well - I missunderstood that you are just complaining about
the behaviour between moving the diplomat into the city and
responding to the popup dialog. There your right: Freeciv
has a bug here... - The diplomat should be protected while
you are in the dialog.

But the auto-goto-style you proposed is unfair: see this
situation:

                    D...
                    .....    D - diplomat
                    ..C..    C - city
                    .....    . - visible squares

Ciao,
Mathias
--
PGP: 1024-Bit DSA: ID 55E572F3, 1024-Bit RSA: ID EAAF7CF1
WWW: http://www.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~hasselma/