Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Roadmap

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Roadmap
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 22:31:00 +1000

Massimo Campostrini wrote:

> But I am concerned that somebody will choose the wrong flag for *his*
> civilization;

Well, if people want to be silly (choosing silly Race/flag combos)
should we stop them?  Given that the default (sensible) flag will
be auto-selected.  Someone once suggested they wanted to be
able to have a choice of flags for a single race (eg Union
Jack vs the strictly "English" cross (forget the name) vs
King Arthurs dragon for the English), but you could also
argue that those three cases could also be implemented as
three separate races...

>  Then it
> would be simpler not to transmit all the city names to the clients at
> all: when you build a new city, the client contacts the server, which
> returns the suggested name.

Yes, that would work.

-- David