Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Roadmap

To: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Roadmap
From: "John L. Kramer" <kramer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 10:26:15 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 12 Apr 1999, Reinier Post wrote:

> In Civ I and II,  Republics and 'higher' governments cannot initiate wars.
> In Freeciv, there is no such restriction.

Not completely true. On occasion in Civ II (which may be determined by
game variables, or just be random), a Republic (and possibly Democracy)
can initiate a war. When you try to attack an enemy from a republic, a
message pops up. Usually it says "Action over-ruled by Senate", but in a
very small percentage of times, it says "Hawks push action through
senate", and you may continue with the war.

But yes, the idea is still the same. Republics and Democrcy don't have
nearly the restrictions they do in the real game.