Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Freeciv - proxy idea (fwd)

Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Freeciv - proxy idea (fwd)
From: Tim Loshak <dima@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 18:02:37 +0300 (IDDT)

1) moreover, when joinging the game at later stage,
a lot of information needed to be passed over to
the client, and as far as i see this is done step by
step, while _all_ the data can be archived in some way
and passed as one stream of data

2) what about making the server more server-like
i.e on startup it will fork in the background, and
enable telnet access, and implement some kind
of system menu on the client side(what was the
reasons, if at all, for not implementing it from
the beginning?)

3) most of the games which are listed on the metaserver
have some amount of AI's, while not all of them are
'native' ai's, but temporary replacement.
despite that, anyone can join with that specific nick
why not password protect each nick, which will also
enable 'AI turn off' mode on join