Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Roadmap

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx (Freeciv developers)
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Roadmap
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 22:25:36 +0200

> Hi Freecivers!
>
> The roadmap is now on the website!!! Tho it will change alot.

(Remark.  The site is at

  http://www.ultraviolet.org/freeciv/html_docs/

.)  Two more suggestions for the roadmap, in the Civ II compatibility list:

  + delay the effect of buying units
  + block acts of war when not at war in a Republic/Democracy/...

In Civ I and II, it is impossible to defend a city against an immediate
attack by buying a defender.  In Freeciv, it works most of the time.
To mimic Civ II, bought units should not appear until all other players
have made a full turn.

In Civ I and II,  Republics and 'higher' governments cannot initiate wars.
In Freeciv, there is no such restriction.

Practically all of the Freeciv games I've played are won by whoever
wins the expansion race.  Conquering cities is just too hard!
With these two features, early aggression may become a viable option.
The game will be less predictable.

--
Reinier Post                                             rp@xxxxxxxxxx