Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: December 1999:
[aclug-L] Re: High-speed server access

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: High-speed server access
From: Carl D Cravens <raven@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 17:01:07 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 27 Dec 1999, Jonathan Hall wrote:

> Once SouthWind supports DSL, I'm sure dedicated access will be available
> through them... although I don't know what the cost will be.

I can't imagine the cost being better than ISDN.  (And UUNet beats their
ISDN cost.) SouthWind's concern is the cost of bandwidth, and that doesn't
change... and things like DSL just allow more to be eaten up.  (Remember,
these are the guys that considered charging extra for 56k because of the
bandwidth it would use.)

--
Carl D Cravens (raven@xxxxxxxxxxx)
It's only a hobby ... only a hobby ... only a