Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: December 1999:
[aclug-L] Re: High-speed server access

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: High-speed server access
From: Carl D Cravens <raven@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 16:58:18 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 27 Dec 1999, David Carmichael wrote:

> Do live where you can not get a 'Business' ASDL line in Wichita?

Sure I do.

> Because the 'Business' ASDL gives you a static IP address and at one time
> only cost $75 a month (after install) and not only do you get the static IP
> address but you also get (depending on phone line) twice the speeds of the
> consumer ASDL connection.

Last I checked, you weren't allowed to run servers on it.  But now I can't
even find a "business" option on their web pages to verify that you even
get a static IP with it.  I see two options, Basic and Premium (the latter
being twice as fast) and neither talks about IP addresses.

> I know that I have the basic consumer ASDL of 312K upload and 1.5mb download
> and while I do not pay for a static IP address, I have had the same IP
> address since I first was setup in October.

I wouldn't risk a commercial endeavor on it, and I treat this hobby as
seriously as I would a business... my wife and I take great pride in the
quality of service we provide.

--
Carl D Cravens (raven@xxxxxxxxxxx)
Keep honking... I'm reloading.