Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: April 2001:
[linux-help] Re: Ethernet card setup / Gateway system

To: <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Ethernet card setup / Gateway system
From: "Koji Hayakawa" <sylf00@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 23:20:38 -0500

That box usually has machine load of 0.00 - 0.02.  Only when I'm doing some
heavy compiling, I see load of 2.00+.  It's P133, so it's not the fastest
machine out there, but for FTPd and Telnetd/sshd, it shouldn't be bad at
all.  (And no, we don't do RC5 on this box)
And when I telnet/ssh/ftp to that exact same box, I NEVER get the delay that
my friend experiences.  (And he says...  "It's so annoying!  It sometimes
takes 20 seconds to FTP from 1 machine to another, sitting at 4 feet
apart!")