Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: April 2001:
[linux-help] Distros ( was Ethernet card setup / Gateway system)

To: <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] Distros ( was Ethernet card setup / Gateway system)
From: "Koji Hayakawa" <sylf00@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 00:06:09 -0500

I really don't want to cause a distro wars here.

But what's the (dis)advantages of running Debian over RedHat?

Personally, I've never looked into anything outside of RedHat and Slackware.
(And a bit of OpenLinux for curiosity, and TurboLinux-JP for Japanese
Language kit)  I'd be more than interested in switching over to Dibian-JP,
if the difference is HUGE.

We've been running this RedHat box without re-install for over a year, and
it's heavily used between 2 of us.  I can't afford to switch the distro over
unless there's a goooooood reason to do so.

So some enlightenment would be nice here.