Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: April 2001:
[linux-help] Re: Ethernet card setup / Gateway system

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Ethernet card setup / Gateway system
From: Curtis Hawthorne <cghawthorne@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 18:44:35 -0700 (PDT)

A good program for console mode is "sniffit" I don't
have the URL, but a google search will find it.  Also,
you can use Snort in "sniffer" mode. (www.snort.org).
Iptraf is also good for traffic analysis.

Also, one of my friends had the same problem on his
RedHat box.  We never did figure out the exact
problem, but I convinced him to switch to Debian, and
after the install FTP's connected instantly.  Besides
you should be running Debian anyways! :-)

http://tmp2.complete.org/cgi-bin/listargate-aclug.cgi