Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: August 2002:
[Freeciv] Re: How to solve ICS - increasing settlercost

To: Thomas Strub <ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Paul Zastoupil <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Miguel Farah <miguel@xxxxx>, <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: How to solve ICS - increasing settlercost
From: Britton <fsblk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 12:07:32 -0800 (AKDT)

Maybe we should have had trade_bonus_start_size and max_trade_bonus_size
instead of no and full, with a potential 100% bonus, and research more
expensive.

Britton

On Thu, 15 Aug 2002, Thomas Strub wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 15, 2002 at 09:40:11AM -0700, Paul Zastoupil wrote:
> > Has anyone been playing with fulltradesize and notradesize?
> >
> > I think they could do a decent job at combatting ICS, but some tweaking
> > is needed because it slows down the technology in the game quite a bit
> > in the early going.
>
> Yes i played it, and other sayed the same issue to.
>
> Get the lighthouse and you have won.
> Other thing is that you transfer pop with settlers from small cities to b=
igger ones to get over the notradsize. To grow a city from 1 to 5 you need =
20+30+40+50 =3D 140 food. With building another city its less.