Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: August 2002:
[Freeciv] Re: How to solve ICS - increasing settlercost

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: How to solve ICS - increasing settlercost
From: Jussi Asp <Jussi.Asp@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 13:46:17 +0300

Hi,

IMO best way against smallpox is to set settlers cost 2 workers instead
of 1 to prevent the freecitycenter which comes with every new city and
maybe set settler cost higher too - 60 or 80. And in addition lowering
the cost of city improments by 1/4 - 1/3 would shift the balance even
more against smallpox, but you have to be careful to not make it too
easy to build big cities, because they are very powerful..  I think
these are simple solutions which work well. Separate, cheaper
terrain-Improment unit would be nice though.

-Jussi Asp