Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: August 2002:
[Freeciv] Re: How to solve ICS - increasing settlercost

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: How to solve ICS - increasing settlercost
From: Thomas Strub <ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 13:26:14 +0200

On Fri, Aug 30, 2002 at 01:43:04PM +0300, Jussi Asp wrote:
Hi,

> IMO best way against smallpox is to set settlers cost 2 workers instead
> of 1 to prevent the freecitycenter which comes with every new city and
> maybe set settler cost higher too - 60 or 80. And in addition lowering
> the cost of city improments by 1/4 - 1/3 would shift the balance even
> more against smallpox, but you have to be careful to not make it too
> easy to build big cities, because they are very powerful..  I think
> these are simple solutions which work well. Separate, cheaper
> terrain-Improment unit would be nice though.

People said that that slows the game. But i think its still small pox.
And its easy to make something like small pox too. With 5-6 cities in
center which builds the settlers and 12 cities which get the homecities
of the new settlers. So you will build as many cities as possible.

I tried my patch with the actual cvs and the AI is building few but
bigger
cities. Personally i can't test it out, because all what i would say
wouldn't be unbiassed.

Thomas
--
Thomas Strub  ***  eMail ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Nur weil das Aufzeichnen, Kopieren und Schnüffeln bei elektronischem