Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: August 2002:
[Freeciv] Re: How to solve ICS - increasing settlercost

To: Miguel Farah <miguel@xxxxx>
Cc: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: How to solve ICS - increasing settlercost
From: Thomas Strub <ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 18:17:45 +0200

On Thu, Aug 15, 2002 at 10:43:52AM -0400, Miguel Farah wrote:
>  Thomas Strub [14/08/2002 17:53] dijo/said:
> >
> >On Wed, Aug 14, 2002 at 08:31:34PM +0000, Per I. Mathisen wrote:

> What I propose is this: we know that a city uses up 21 squares
> (including the free city center). An ideal nation that has NO
> overlapping cities of any kind, will control exactly 21*N squares
> (N=number of cities).
>
> ICSmeter will defined as this:
>
>             squares occupied by a nation
>    I := 1 - ----------------------------
>             21 x number of cities owned
>
> (a square is considered occupied by a nation even if its owned by an
> enemy - that can't be counted against the player)
>
> Now, and ideal nation will have I=0%.
>
> A nation that places 25 cities all in a square grid, all at distance 1
> will have I=1-(165/(21x25))=68,6% and commits HEAVY ICS.
>

> Considering the defects of the terrain, and conquered cities, an I=0%
> will be unattainable, and therefore an index of, say, up to 15% should
> be acceptable.
>
> Nations with a bigger index should then begin suffering penalties.

cmd 5 and other things give smallpox too. Build as many cities you can, no
cityimprovements and so on. For you smallpox is a high density of cities. For
me its building only settlers, military units, caravans and wonders. No
citiyimprovements.

Even wtih cmd 5 its better to build new cities before building a temple.

Thomas
--
Thomas Strub  ***  eMail ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Nur weil das Aufzeichnen, Kopieren und Schnüffeln bei elektronischem