Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: December 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: Some questions

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Some questions
From: "Bobby D. Bryant" <bdbryant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 07:51:09 -0600

Mike Jing wrote:

> You are absolutely correct, of course.  It is still possible to completely
> ignore one particular branch of the tech tree under this system, although it
> does delay the discovery of your immediate goal to a certain degree.  It
> effectly slows down the research somewhat, which I think is a good thing,
> but I do agree it is not very effective in broadening the width of your
> research.

I noticed when designing my modpack that there were some advancements that
should reasonably require more than two prereqs.  If multiple prereqs were
supported, that would provide a mechanism for slowing down deep progress, if
someone decided to do that by means of a modpack.

Bobby Bryant
Austin, Texas