Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: December 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: Some questions

To: mike_jing@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: nath@xxxxxxxx, freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Some questions
From: Paul Dean <Paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 25 Dec 2000 14:14:45 +0000

"Mike Jing" <miky40@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Niels Weber <nath@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> From what I read there, it doesn't seem to be a great idea to kill the free
>> city centre.

> As far as I can see, removing the free city center goes right to the heart
> of the problem.  Of course, I would be very glad to hear any counter
> arguments.

Someone pointed out to me a potential problem with it - that players
will always build on mountains and hills because they don't have to
use the center square.  This may make warfare unfeasibly difficult
because defense will be so much more effective than offense.

We'll just have to see how it works out in practice...

--
Paul.