Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: December 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: Some questions

To: <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Some questions
From: "Dusty Leary" <dleary@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 12:00:20 -0500

For what it's worth, I agree with Michael.  Adding a new game parameter
which was a production multiplier of this sort that defaulted to 10 sounds
perfect, although perhaps 10 is a bit too high, since the big cities will be
able to do massive building once they get factories and populations above
10, etc...

Also, Michael says "(I don't care whether this seems to be realistic or not
as long as it helps to solve our problem)"... Whenever people talk about
game design, there's often way too many people interested in "realism",
imo...  Realism is nice, but it should *never* come at the expense of any
aspect of gameplay.  As others have pointed out, city smallpox is rather
realistic...  But it's just not fun.